2015 and 2016 have been some of the hottest years in recent memory for Karachi. It wasn’t so long ago when an unforgiving heat wave struck the city of lights, taking the temperature to an unprecedented boiling point of 45C!
To get a better understanding of the effect extreme heat can have on your body here’s a breakdown of what happens when subjected to such heat.
The body’s normal core temperature is 37-38C, when subject to heat, your body temperature increases to 39-40C, during this period the brain tells the muscles to slow down during which fatigue sets in. At 40-41C heat exhaustion is likely to occur with any further increase in body temperature leading to vital organs in the body shutting down.
Heat-strokes can happen anytime, but it’s most likely to happen to you when you’re directly exposed to the sun and dehydrated.
To help combat the onset of heat-strokes in Karachi, Atlas Battery – Pakistan’s leading battery brand is providing the people of Karachi a place of shelter where they’ll be protected by the unforgiving summer sun while waiting for public transportation with the added benefit of Mist Fans. Atlas Battery has transformed numerous bus stops across Karachi into comfortable breezy resting places featuring state-of-the-art Misting Fans powered by AGS Batteries to help alleviate the onset of heat-strokes.
This initiative is a godsend for commuters who rely on public transport to get them from work to home and vice versa. Such an initiative goes a long way in saving lives, and at the very least it can bring comfort to someone during one of the most scorching summers Karachi has seen in a while.
Here’s a list of all the bus stop locations equipped with AGS powered Misting Fans:
– Boat basin
– Shahrah e Faisal, FTC to Baloch Fortune Centre
– PIDC opposite PC
– Karsaz Shahrah e Faisal to Stadium
– Jauhar Mor Alladin to Milenium Mall
– Gulshan Moti Mahal to Nipa
– Liaqat National Stadium to New Town
– Five Star to Haidery
– Board Office to Golimar
– Mashriq Center Expo to Stadium, opposite mashriq centre
– Bait Ul Mukaram Nipa to Hassan Square
The next time you need to take the bus anywhere in Karachi, relax at an AGS powered bus stop near you!
Latest posts by Twittistaan (see all)
- Hey! Good Morning World, from Pakistani coffee lovers - October 19, 2016
- The Forgotten Heroes Of Pakistan Test Cricket - September 7, 2016
- This is how you can save Pakistan from tsunamis - August 19, 2016
- Does your barber know about the danger of re-using shaving equipment? - August 19, 2016